Thursday, May 15, 2008

Job interview

If you were following the running saga of my life, you read about the job offer from Dubai’s paper. The reality of it really hadn’t sunk in until today, when they emailed me to set up the phone interview for this Sunday. I am equally excited and terrified. Who knows, maybe the offer will be so good that I can’t let it pass. Still, the prospect of moving yet again across the ocean makes me nervous. Maggie, however, cheers for Dubai. Well, no point fretting about it until Sunday.

The price of gas is really bugging me. A liter of car fuel is $1.25 today. And raising! The radio is talking about another 30% price hike by July! If it keeps going up like that, I better oil my rollerblades—they are going to be the only transport I can afford!

Since last week we are being bombarded with events celebrating Israel’s 60th anniversary. Well, celebrating on the Jewish side and mourning on the Palestinian side. I can’t help wondering what’s all the fuss about? So, Israel managed to grow into a pocket-size super-power in the region, but I am getting tired of constant nagging of the Jews against the countries surrounding Israel and against anybody who doesn’t think like them. Grow up already, you’re 60 now! Even Einstein had enough of that bull when he said "…the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people ... As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."

No comments:

Post a Comment