Sunday, May 25, 2008

An aftershock?

It has been almost a week since the phone interview with the Dubai paper. I was told then that an HR person will get in touch with me for further steps, to arrange the trip to Dubai for an in-person interview. They’ve been in such a rush to fill that position, I was even told there was no deadline for applying for that job because they want someone right away. And now—nothing. Which tells me that they are not in a hurry anymore, meaning they must have found someone. I can only hope to get a rejection letter some time soon, so I can close that chapter, get the whole thing out of my mind and get on with life.

While I burn DVDs tonight to finish the freelance job for a client, Maggie is browsing the net and, among other things, checks the job postings for me. She found me a very nice one: an online manager-producer for a web site in the States. The problem is in the fine print: it’s for the adult web site. They ask for lot of experience. I wonder if that’s a hands-on position?

Tonight, another earthquake hit Chinese Sichuan province, the same area still under rubble from the last powerful one. The western media calls it an "aftershock". I find it deceiving. To me the aftershocks are the tremors immediately after the earthquake, not a 6.5 magnitude quake 10 days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment