Friday, May 9, 2008

I love what I do, but I hate my job!

I love what I do, but I hate my job!
I am a multimedia producer. They say I’m good. But I have no control over the projects I’m creating. I am stuck rescuing other people’s bad ideas and making them look good. As a result, I am increasingly frustrated, stressed and disgruntled. I think it’s time to find a new job. Anybody needs a good video/audio producer and editor?

OK, moving onto more cheerful and definitely more voluptuous subject--a local girl has become the Playboy's Playmate of the Year - Jayde Nicole from Port Perry, Ontario, had all the attributes needed for the title. No wisecrack comments necessary.

Last week I finished Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s book “Love in the time of cholera”. Like any good book, it caused controversy at the online book club on Facebook (mea culpa, I am a member). I’m glad I didn’t read the comments before reading the book, because I really liked it. How puritan Americans and Canadians are when it comes to the matter of love, romance and sexuality, how double-faced and quick to judge! Someone even wrote on the forum how disgusting is the description of the lovemaking of the main characters, both in their late 70s. To me, the only disgusting thing is that comment. I can only wish that my Maggie and me discover the same flame when and if we approach 8th decade.

I love listening to an audiobook during my daily runs. I usually go from 30 min to 90 min, longest runs on the weekend, and I already know all the music on my iPod, so audiobooks are quite a discovery. They keep my mind focused on the plot rather than my aching legs and the whole exercise is less painful. So, when I discovered podiobooks.com, it was like being left alone in a candy store when I was 5 (that, unfortunately, never happened). All the independent, emerging authors’ self-published audio books! There are a few duds, but most of them are quite good. The one that keeps me company now is “7th Son: Book Two – Deceit” by J.C. Hutchins.

No comments:

Post a Comment