Saturday, May 24, 2008

Artisan

I learned the lesson—never run on a Friday evening if I want to go for a long one on a Saturday morning. My 16.28 run seemed unusually difficult and my legs were leaden. The persistent wind didn’t make it any easier. Still, bit by bit I’m getting closer to half-marathon distance.

Maggie is complaining about swollen lips and tongue. She found them to be the side effects of the Benadryl pills she takes for her allergies. I think she’s quite sexy with thick lips. She says she’s suffering. It’s a fair trade, a little suffering for sexiness.

We are strong opponents of cell phone use while driving. Today at the Markville shopping mall, a woman on the phone almost ran me over with the shopping cart. I vote for the cell phone ban while driving a cart in the store!

The highlight of the day was our visit to the Artisan pub in Markham village where we were entertained by a Spanish jazzy duet. They sound much better after a few beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment