Sunday, June 15, 2008

Indiana Jones

Maggie wanted to go for a walk on Saturday evening, but I, lazy as I am, had a better idea: bicycles! We went for the first ride of the year, just around our sleepy little neighborhood, and enjoyed it. It definitely beats walking. Especially when my legs are still sore from the run.

Sunday weather was as moody as only the weather in Canada can be. The morning was beautiful, clear and sunny when Maggie left to do some shopping. She came back a couple of hours later, during the thunderstorm. By the time we ate it was sunny again, and warm enough to dry the roads, if not the muddy yards. At least we don't need to water the grass for now, Mother Nature does it for us. We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie in the gorgeous weather and returned under heavy showers with strong wind. I don't remember such violent weather changes in the same day in 10 years since I've lived in Toronto area.

Ah, the movie! I was a great fan of Indiana Jones trilogy of the past, so I used all my persuasiveness to convince Maggie that this is the movie to see. For the best part it resembled the movies of the past, with a car chase through the jungle, and even a nuclear attack on Indy Jones which he, of course, survived. Actually, it was watchable until the end, when Spielberg's ETism kicked in and destroyed the movie. He brought in the ALIENS who killed the bad guys, unearthed a flying saucer buried under the hidden Mayan city for 5000 years and left. I am not sure if it was supposed to be funny, a parody on ET, or Spielberg totally lost his marbles. Not that anyone would take such a movie seriously, but I prefer more believable plot twists. This time not even the computer animation and special effects could save it. Spielberg simply blew it!

No comments:

Post a Comment