Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fastest 10K

So, Tuesday I worked from home and on Wednesday I had a video shoot in downtown Toronto. For the first time since I stopped freelancing in 2004 I broke from the imprisonment of my tiny office-studio without actually being on vacation. I didn't even realize how depressing and confining that place is until I experienced freedom. There must be a way to do this more often!

When I finished my Wednesday's run, I was congratulated by Joan Benoit Samuelson (pre-recorded) on my Nike+ iPod running kit, for completing my fastest 10 km: 48:38. Go figure! I have been running 10+ km every Wednesday and Saturday for weeks, and now, all of a sudden, the fastest 10K! Although, I did feel great during the run yesterday, it went easy, not too hot, nor too cold, but it didn't seem that fast. But, who am I to argue with Ms Benoit-Samuelson?

Maggie is complaining that she doesn't have a husband anymore. See, I bought a really neat and cheap Linux lap-top, Asus eee PC. It's really tiny sub-notebook, very portable and ideal for a trip to Spain. The thing is--I know nothing about Linux and for a couple of weeks now my evenings are wasted in browsing the Internet to find out how to configure the machine. Now that the future of our marriage is at stake, I think I'll return to my wife and leave Linux for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment