Saturday, January 30, 2010

Writing class is over

My writing school is over. Six weeks flew by. I was enthusiastic at first, but as the weeks dragged on, the enthusiasm deflated. Mostly because I find one lesson a week too little for the cost of the course. It was nice to have the assignment checked by the teacher, who is also a published author. She marked the things she thought I need to change and gave me the overall appraisal of it, but there was no going back and forth and have her look at the corrected version. That was disappointing.

The good thing is - the course made me write. Some days it was a late night typing, trying to extract words from my weary brain, but meeting the deadline made me write. Now, when the deadlines are no more, I wonder how to keep it up. Maybe joining a writers' club, or trying some story-writing contests. There's also the training for Boston which wears me out. It would be easier if the day had, say, six more hours - a 30-hour days to fit in all I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment