Monday, November 2, 2009

Poppy time

It's that time of the year when Canadians don little red plastic poppy flowers on their coats and wait for the official Remembrance Day to start remembering those who had fallen for the country in all the wars and global conflicts. A few of my colleagues already wear the poppies, although Remembrance Day is 10 days away. I guess it's never too early to start remembering, or to start pretending that you care. Every year I have the same dillema: should I pin a poppy on my collar, or not? I can't honestly say that I care about fallen Canadian soldiers, nor any other soldiers for that matter. But if I don't decorate myself with the funny red flower, does it project the "I don't care" attitude? Or, even worse, does it say "I don't belong"?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment