Friday, November 6, 2009

Easy come, easy go

Scary thing happened during the long run on Wednesday: something started pulling in my back, the kind of ache that awfully resembles the beginning of the back pain. It settled somewhere in the middle back and stayed with me for the rest of the day. It wasn't the kind of constant pain, just a discomfort that would pinch me occasionally when I turn or bend too freely. I was terrified - I had no backache ever since I started running over two years ago. But I do remember the pain, especially during the herniated disk episode. That's why I didn't want to mention it in this blog - I was afraid to voice out the fear, afraid that by describing it I'll make the pain real. Turns out I needn't worry - it was gone the same way it started, during the Thursday's run. In the shower afterwards I noticed that the pull--and discomfort--was gone. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment