Monday, November 2, 2009

A dark week ahead

A new week begins with the same ol' routine. I woke up at 5:10am and went for 7 k run. On a few early mornings last week I met a woman runner and I passed by her again today. It's always surprising to find someone else out running in that ungodly hour. Makes me feel better not to be the only crazy one in the neighborhood.

I dropped Meg off at her work. Under the shadow of the last week's disappointment she'd been really quiet the whole morning and only thawed a little just before we arrived. Then she spotted a colleague getting into the building and her expression froze. She walked in heavily, carrying the weight of all the broken dreams on her shoulder. I'm not being myself either, with my own little house of horrors at work, but wish I could at least cheer Meg up somehow. Although, when I told her "it's going to be OK", it just doesn't sounds like I mean it. I wish the things would be OK, but I'm afraid I stopped believing it and it creeps into my voice.

It's a new week, but a dark one.

No comments:

Post a Comment