Sunday, November 1, 2009

"Three Cups of Tea"

by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

Maybe I can't read non-fiction any more, but I had to abandon this book not even half the way through. It just didn't entice me in any way. A failed hiker turned philanthropist, Mortenson vowed to build a school in a remote village in Pakistan's mountains. Then book goes into details about his bargaining for building materials, transport and haggling with the chiefs of local villages, all of whom were somehow connected with his failed mountaineering expedition. That's where I lost interest and have no intention to continue.

Back to reading "October" by Richard B. Wright, which I interrupted for "Three Cups of Tea". Wish I haven't done that.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment