Monday, March 30, 2009

Running with the book thief

I started listening to The Book Thief audiobook by Markus Zusak. It's superbly read by Allan Corduner and it made me grin all along my 16km run, so much so that the passers-by smiled and waved at me, thinking I'm grinning at them.

The book is classified as the young adult fiction (does that mean I could consider myself a young adult, since I like it so?) and is narrated by Death! I know, it should be creepy, but it's actually charming! For example, there's the part when Death contemplates taking a vacation in some densely populated tourist area, then concludes that it probably wouldn't be welcome. I'm only an hour and a half into the story and so far we're following the German side of late 1930s and during the WW2 through the main character--a 10 year old orphaned German girl. If it continues in the same manner, I will immensely enjoy next 13 hours of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment