Sunday, March 29, 2009

Losing to win

This recession is getting the best of me. I totally neglected my blog. Pretty much like everyone else, we are laying low, trying to consolidate our expenses and not to think what would happen if either one of us loses job. Which brings me to the point--some months ago I was interviewed for a job at CBC. I even blogged about it here. I was later told by one of the interviewers that their decision came to me and one other candidate and that the other one won at the end. Well, last week CBC terminated around 800 jobs across the country and the position I interviewed for is gone. Funny, sometime losing means winning at the end.

P.S.
A colleague with an overwhelming sense of self-importance concluded that the corporation which owns our newspaper will file for bankruptcy protection this summer. Although he is not the person I trust wholeheartedly, this is not the first time such rumor circulates, but this time it was followed by unsettling news on the public TV saying that our company plans to restructure this summer. I wonder what exactly "restructuring" means.

No comments:

Post a Comment