Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Living in Recession

Working in a media company isn't a good thing these days. With the economy downturn advertisers, its main source of income, turned away. As a result, we are in a dire position. Banks blocked the loans. There was a deadline by the end of February to come up with a solution for the company's financial problems. That deadline is now extended for 2 weeks. There are rumors that some assets will have to be sold, and some liquidated in order to re-pay the debt. Suddenly, my job doesn't feel safe any longer. I mean, as safe as it is within the company, it won't help much if the whole firm is shut down. Of course, the situation is the same everywhere else in the industry, so chances of finding other job of the same level is literally non-existing. I think I saw a neighborhood coffee shop is looking for help. Here I come. Cafe Latte anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment