Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lazy

I can barely make myself to blog--getting really lazy in winter months. Since the temperature dropped under the freezing point, all I do is stretch on a sofa with a book. Maggie is no better, huddling next to me and pushing her cold feet under my thighs to warm. She's also reading a lot. On Saturday we joined the town's public library and now have the unlimited source of books within easy reach. Ideal to turn into a couch potato(es) for the winter.

Today is snowing. Radio promised 5-10cm by morning. It's fun to run on powder, but it's not fun for driving. Like every year, people seem to forget how to drive on snow and the first snowfall creates chaos. Traffic barely crawls, and the cars slide all over the place. It will be an interesting trip to work tomorrow.

We're feasting on sarma. That's Croatian for cabbage rolls. Maggie makes the best sarma in this part of the world. Which will probably result in me gaining back all the weight I lost in the past year. I am thinking about extending my runs to burn all the cabbage-roll-calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment