Thursday, October 30, 2008

Words...

I think I may have found the way to feel... happy? No, happy is not the word... Content! Yes, that's it! I may have found the way to feel content with my life.
I haven't felt that way for a very long time. Longer than the time I've spent in Canada. Almost as long as I can remember...

I come from work, I change, put my headphones on and I run. While I run, I listen to a good audiobook. (Currently, it's A Million Little Pieces by James Frey.) I'm running, I'm free, and the words stream through my head, and I'm in a happy place. The words stay even when I stop, they put me in a funny state of mind and make me think about life, about how I feel. They make me think about Maggie, who is at home and smiles when I enter all sweaty and smelly and purple from cold. They open my eyes to small details that build our lives, small things we built together. I like what I see. And, for the first time since I can remember, I don't think about moving away in search for a better place. I found my better place--it was here all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment