Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Autumn

We left Spain in Summer and landed in Toronto in Autumn. Ever since we came back from the vacation, the temperatures are barely passing the 10 C mark during the day and falling dangerously close to zero at night. Colors of Autumn are so rich and so abundant! So cruel of Mother Nature to paint the dying leaves in the most vibrant colors, almost as though she's mocking their existence. Or, maybe somewhere there is a hidden message for all of us to flash our best colors at the time of departure? In any case, I love all the shades of fading green, yellow, orange and red sprinkling the trees. But, I hate the rains of Autumn, I hate to see my breath during evening runs, and I hate the persistent drizzle which soaked through me tonight. I'll take the colors, you keep the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment