Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan

The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time, #12; A Memory of Light, #1) The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
After the passing of Robert Jordan I thought that no one can weave the pattern the way he could. I was wrong. Brendon Sanderson did a stellar job in this book.

To my opinion, first 3 books of the series were the best ones, then the pen-master Jordan started jamming more and more characters and events into the books and watered down the essence. Well, this book brought me back to the feeling I had when reading the first three. Sanderson is true to Jordan's characters, adopted the language, the plot and ideas seamlessly. Dare I say, he's pulled the miracle and made the book 12 more readable than the previous few. The apprentice have surpassed the master.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment