Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Bunny (no, really!)

If I were a rabbit, I'd be afraid of humans! Heck, I'm afraid of humans anyway. But, if I were a 0.5 % of their size, I'd be terrified.

Now you wonder what I'm rumbling about? See, Maggie and I went out for an Easter dinner tonight and returned after 9 p.m. As Maggie pulled into our driveway, I spotted something on our lawn. It wasn't moving, looked like a lump of garbage. I already started cursing the neighbors for throwing garbage in our backyard, when the headlights fell on the lump and it perked its long ears, but otherwise stood there immobile. Margo pulled the car next to it. Nothing. Rabbit stares at us unimpressed. A bear in me wakes up and I come out with a growl, arms spread like an eagle and moved menacingly toward the bugger. Finally some sense came to it and it moved away. I chased it to the corner of the fence, not quite sure what to do when I have it cornered, but half-decided to try and grab it by the ears, when he (or she--sorry it was dark, I couldn't tell) (actually, I wouldn't be able to tell even if it wasn't dark) darted underneath the fence through the gap I thought to be too small for a bunny of that size. And so my hunting instincts went unused. I'm not even sure I installed enough of the fear into this one to keep it away at least for the night. I think I'll change tactics--checking the hunting rifle prices online...

No comments:

Post a Comment