Saturday, August 2, 2008

Visitors

Maggie's sister arrived yesterday with her hubby and chubby. Chubby being a perfectly adorable baby boy who doesn't mind being hauled across the continents at 9 months of age. He crawls, smiles, puts everything he can lay his tiny fingers on in the mouth, and is perfectly content even with me tossing him around. I have to say for the record that I have a dismal experience with toddlers; they usually start crying as soon as I get close. If I stretch my arms to hold them, they scream like they are being skinned alive. That's why I wisely keep myself out of sight and out of reach of the babies. And that's why I'm absolutely thrilled with my baby-nephew's indifference toward my horrifying presence.
While the whole visiting family is getting over the jet-lag by sleeping the afternoon away on the living room's floor (Chubby) and the guest room's bed (Maggie's sis and her hubby), I tiptoe every now and than to the living room to steal another glance on his sleeping-slobbering chubbiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment