Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday run

It was a gorgeous morning for run, so nice that I set my iPod + Nike pedometer on 7 km, but ended up running over 12 km. I went through the farmland. Along the way I passed a couple of runners and scared them witless. Somehow, they didn't hear me coming from behind although my steps were pretty loud on the gravel. When I was passing them and they finally saw me, both jumped like seeing an angry moose galloping by.
Few kilometers farther a hawk swooped on a small animal which was crossing the road. I didn't have time to discern what kind of animal it was before it was carried in unforgiving talons to the tree near by. It might have been a field mouse.

For the rest of the morning we took the sister in law and the baby nephew for a walk around Toogood Pond in Unionville, dined at the Country Inn Viennese Restaurant (good) and enjoyed the beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment