Sunday, August 3, 2008

Running guest

Three times a week Maggie joins me for a run. We usually go her 3.5 km and finish back at home where we started. Then I turn around and do additional 5 km or more.
Today we had a guest runner. Our brother-in-law decided to join us in spite of his flat feet and a bad knee. He ran Maggie's part, braving a naughty blister his running shoes caused on the sole of the foot. I was so thrilled with the expansion of my running flock that for a moment I considered starting a running group. At least I'm trying to keep the family in shape, although brother in law has a wonderful blistery excuse for not running for some time.

We spent the afternoon in the Distillery District (again), where we had some good blues and bad food. The Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill was overcrowded with slow and non-responsive service. Food arrived after more than an hour-long wait. The burger was OK, but really if they'd managed to screw up the burger, they'd deserve to have the license revoked. However, the seafood Maggie ordered was less than mediocre, the portion was small and mussels and shrimps were tasteless. The same goes for the salmon my sister in law had. I made a mental note never to go to the Pure Spirits again. Luckily, there are many other restaurants in the area.

After lunch, brother in law flew to Chicago on his way to Des Moines where he has a conference to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment