Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Catching up...

A few things, none of them life-changing, happened in the last few weeks. First off, I discovered a new Tim Horton’s donut. It’s called the blueberry bloom and it’s very…umm…blueberrish. And, yes, that’s the least important on the list of events of the weeks past.

I had to take vacation in August, the last week of it, because I had to spend remaining vacation days before the end of the fiscal year in my company, which was on August 31. As a result, I stayed home while Meg was working (her company’s fiscal year follows the calendar year, so we are out-of-sync in the number of the vacation days we’re getting). I read, tried to make myself useful, with little success.

Last Friday Meg left me.
Fortunately, only temporary.
She’s in Hong Kong, visiting her parents and the rest of the ever-growing family. This is the first time in over 10 years we separated for such a long time, and it feels, well, empty without her. I’ll try to make her blog when she comes back, or, if that doesn’t work, I will have to narrate her story. Hopefully, there’ll be some pictures too. What is a blog without pictures, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment