Sunday, December 13, 2009

eReader

Once upon a time before the iPhone - though I'm not sure how we lived without it - I had a Palm PDA to organize my life. On that Palm was installed eReader, an application for reading ebooks. I amassed an impressive little library of ebooks and always had a few on the Palm for those idle moments before a meeting, or while waiting for Meg, or some such. Then, when we switched onto iPhones, those ebooks stayed on the Palm, gathering virtual digital dust, unused and unread. Until last Friday, when I discovered the eReader application for iPhone, which not only lets me read ebooks on it, but can also import the ebooks we bought for the Palm. So, my micro-sized book shelf is with me again, Hemingway's short stories, which I often re-read in search for style guidance or an inspiration, are back in my pocket, together with several other contemporary and classical volumes. What a treat for a biblioholic like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment