Friday, October 30, 2009

Swine flew

I know, I know, a flurry of blog entries after a month of silence. I guess it's just the novelty of this new app. Or, maybe I have so many things to say.

A healthy teenage hockey player from our town died of swine flu, creatively named H1N1, and then nick-named "hiney" phonetically. We got 3 flyers in the mail teaching us how to wash hands, sneeze and cough into the arm-sleeve and what symptoms to look for to recognize the disease. The vaccine is available, but the lineups are so huge that it takes 6 hours on average to get the shot. That's 6 hours exposure to all kind of panicked and potentially sick people. Not sure this whole epidemic is being handled as it should.

Since neither me nor Meg have 6 hours to waste on waiting in the cold to be pricked, we'll hope that our family doctor will get the vaccine before we catch the disease. And before the swine flew.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment