Thursday, July 14, 2011

Passport

I got my passport in the mail yesterday! It was fascinating how fast it was, faster than if I actually went to the passport office and waited to submit the application for renewal in person. And I spared myself the stench of sweat, unpleasant lineups, and doubting questions of a passport clerk.

I'm guessing it's because of the postal strike. The postal workers came back to work the day I mailed my passport papers, and now, a mere 12 days later, I hold the brand new passport in my hand. So, Berlin, I think that was the last obstacle standing between me and you. The plane tickets are already booked and paid for, the hotels booked and paid for. All we'll be splurging for is food, transportation within Germany, sightseeing and entertainment. Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment