Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The party that is the New York marathon

In the story of my running life, year 2010 is going down as the golden year, the year of great personal accomplishments, the year when I experienced two of the arguably most prestigious marathon races in the world — Boston and New York.

The difference between New York and Boston marathons is apparent from the start. In Boston, everybody was serious about running. New York, which I ran this November 7, is more of a running party. Most of the people registered thanks to the lucky draw; only a choice few, myself included, qualified for the guaranteed entry. To run in New York, you either have to be very fast or very lucky. I could tell from the beginning that there were far more lucky ones than fast ones. Here's how it went for me.


This is part 1 of the NYC marathon recap. For Part 2 click HERE.

Map of my run in NYC marathon 2010 - for detailed stats, click on "view details on RunKeeper" link

No comments:

Post a Comment