Wednesday, April 14, 2010

5 days to Boston Marathon

I don't know how the parents do it. It seems that all my free time vanished, used up by running and tending to my mother. I can't even imagine what it would be like if we had a kid, or two. I can't even find enough peace and quiet to blog a few lines, let alone do something useful.

Boston marathon organizers help with the excitement by sending email updates with useful and useless tips for the marathon. At first it was one email a month, then one a week, and for the last week or so I'm receiving one every day. And each time I see the sender's name "BAA" in the inbox, I feel the pang of anxiety in the pit of my stomach. But, all the preparations are done, the training is over to the best of my very limited ability this time, the leg is recovering, so in a way, I can say I'm ready. Packing it up for Saturday's drive to Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment