Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Running through pain (again)

On Saturday, during my 22k run, I felt the discomfort in the back of the right thigh. By Tuesday it became so painful that I suspected a muscle-tear. So I took a day off from running today, to give the leg time to rest and, hopefully, heal. Tomorrow is the short 6k run to see how it goes and hopefully I will be well rested and more-or-less healed for Saturday's long run.

Not having luck with training for Boston this year. Last year I had injury-free run up to Mississauga marathon. Because of the good training, I had an excellent race. Now, however, I already had to skip two midweek runs because of the injuries. Getting worried I won't be as ready for Boston as I was for Mississauga last year.

Ah, nothing to do, but to put my brave face on and run through the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment