Monday, September 22, 2008

Back at work

Getting back to work was easier than expected. Not that I missed work, but I guess the vacation was long enough to properly rest me and make me want to do something.

In the newspaper I work for, one can never be sure if he or she will have a job tomorrow, so when my access card opened the entrance door, I was relieved. The first thing being taken away when a person is fired is the access to the building.

In the two weeks I was away, three of my colleagues left the job for better offers. One of them was Joe, a Taiwanese/American/Canadian who was the editor for one of my daily video features. It's quite shocking to see so many people leaving. It makes me wonder about two things: will the newspaper survive at all; and am I not good enough in what I do, since I'm still here and everyone else's gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment